top of page

Why does ATPAC Not Support Chuck Edwards for NC11 Re-Election?

Updated: Mar 6

A subscriber to our newsletter was "curious" as to why we were not supporting Chuck Edwards for NC11 re-Election. I would imagine a few other folks are too. Please see the response below.


There is nothing curious about our change of heart.  Chuck did that all by himself at breakneck speed.  We are not the Republican Party.  We do not rubber stamp Rs because they have that R after their name.  The GOP may never hold their Rs to the Republican Party Platform, but we do. We are the grassroots because the GOP has failed the American People and Chuck is the poster child of that failure.  He is an enormous disappointment. 


Our Founders gave WE THE PEOPLE a gift of voting for our US House Reps every two years. We will continue to seek out and find those candidates to replace those who have lost their way. We are supporting Christian Reagan because he has shown himself to be not only the consummate gentleman with a temperament suitable for Congressional office, but because he stands with us on every issue, is as appalled as we are with Chuck's voting record, and has promised to adhere to those values and principles we hold dear. We will be watching.


Chuck's sinking horrid conservative score with Heritage Action for America (down to 70% from 73% last week!) continues to deeply trouble us. (Heritage Scorecard evaluates bills through the prism of our U.S. Constitution.)  Chuck consistently votes with Democrats and RINOs. 


Equally troubling is the fact that the Chuck Edwards we knew when he was here as our Senator, has disappeared.  Congenial and respectful, very helpful with a willingness to listen coupled with a relatively good conservative record, is what brought us to gladly support him.  He went to DC, joined the Republican Study Group, and turned into a typical DC Swamp Monster.   He's smug, arrogant, disrespectful, thin skinned, and a bully. I really can't find anyone who likes him or is happy with his attitude or his voting record. He has become the poster child for everything that's wrong with DC and why our nation is on the brink of failure. He's supposed to work for his constituents, not special interest groups or take orders from RSG.   He may have the GOP machinery behind him and RINOs, but he does not have freedom loving hard working folks in his corner.  Remember, he won last election with 40% of the vote.  The other 60% voted for someone else. He's done a good job of eroding that 40%. We don't like what he has become.


We will not support him. We make no apologies.

 

Thanks for getting in touch.  We hope you put our Nation first before the good 'ol' boys club Party. Remember ...  "Upon exiting the Constitutional Convention Benjamin Franklin was approached by a group of citizens asking what sort of government the delegates had created. His answer was: "A republic, if you can keep it." The brevity of that response should not cause us to under-value its essential meaning: democratic republics are not merely founded upon the consent of the people, they are also absolutely dependent upon the active and informed involvement of the people for their continued good health."  (My underline) We are truly trying to do just that.  



See post: Arrogance Defines NC11 Congressman Edwards. We The People Deserve Better.


Comments


bottom of page